“At first I thought Janelle said we were having Erik Estrada for breakfast . . . this was so much better.” – Dale (my hubby)
- 6 Slices Sheep Herders or Brioche Or sub a good Gluten Free Bread!
- 1-2 C Shredded Cheese
- 1 1/2 C Cooked Meat (like Italian Sausage)
- 12 Lg Eggs Beaten
- 4 C Milk I use 2%
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 tsp Pink Sea Salt Or to taste
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- * Or any bread with a texture you enjoy. If using super crusty bread you may want to cut off crusts.
- Grease 9x13 pan (with deepish sides or use a casserole with such). Arrange cubed bread, meat, cheese in pan.
- Mix all other ingredients into beaten egg. Pour egg mixture over bread/cheese/meat.
- Pour egg mixture over bread/cheese/meat. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or about 8 hours).
- Bake at preheated 350 degree oven for about an hour.
- Other Options: Southwest flair? Add a tsp or so cumin, and one can diced green chiles; maybe some cooked taco meat with Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese. Serve w/ green chile, guac and/or salsa.
- Sweet tooth? Cut out the meat. Use a mild cheese and cut it back to 1.5 C. Add 1-2 tsp vanilla; 1 tsp. cinamon, 1-2 TBL Sugar (or Agave). Maybe use a cinamon swirl bread. Throw in some raisins. Serve w/ an all fruit spread or fresh berries. For the decadent you can make a lemon powdered sugar cream cheese glaze and drizzle on after baking.