“This minestrone recipe can be loosely interpreted. The beauty is you can use what you have in the fridge and pantry! It’s a great, hearty soup for this time of year, especially,” Shari Kimmey.
Winner! Winner! Roasted Chicken & Potatoes Dinner!
Great anytime of year, but especially nice as a fall or winter supper along with a nice salad and good company.
- 10-12 Chicken Drumsticks Bone in, Skin on
- 1.5 lbs. Fingerling Potatoes Cut in Half lengthwise
- 1 Lg Sweet Onion Cut in big chunks
- 2 + Handfuls Grape Tomatoes or Cherry Tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp Capers or 1/2 C. Kalamata Olives
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seed * Pulse in food processor with the red pepper
- 1 tsp Crushed Red pepper * Pulsed with Fennel
- 1 tsp Pink Sea Salt or Kosher (to taste)
- 2-3 Palmfuls Herbs de Provence
- 2-3 tbls Dried Parsley
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees. Toss potatoes, onions and mushrooms with 2 tbls oil, half the capers (or olives) and half the spice mixture in a large bowl. Salt to your taste.
- Place chicken in a rimmed, foil-lined baking sheet prepped with non-stick spray. Rub chicken with remaining two tbls oil; season with salt, fresh cracked pepper (optional to taste) and rub with remaining spice mixture (add more Herbs de Provence or Parsley if inclined).
- Arrange potatoes and veggies mixture around chicken. Put remaining capers (or olives) on top of chicken and veggies.
- Roast all together until potatoes are fork tender and chicken cooked through with crispy skin, about 45 minutes (check at 35 minutes).
- Tip: Turn legs once during roasting stage and move veggies around for even browning.
- Top with more red pepper and fresh parsley (optional) prior to serving. Pan juices are amazing, drizzle over each serving.
A recipe adapted from Bon Appetit (October, 2014), Roast Chicken w/ Potatoes & Olives.