“This minestrone recipe can be loosely interpreted. The beauty is you can use what you have in the fridge and pantry! It’s a great, hearty soup for this time of year, especially,” Shari Kimmey.
Sara’s Split Pea Soup
Prep. Forget. You’re set.
Makers on a mission adore the simplicity, and even more so, the flavor of this hearty soup. “This recipe tastes even better after refrigerated and reheated the next day,” writes Vicki Bruno.
Practicing a gluten free diet? http://TinyURL.com/glutenfreeham
- 1 Bag Dried Split Peas
- 1 Ham Bone *
- 3/4 - 1 lb Raw Carrots cubed
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 8 C Chicken Broth (or water)
- Put everything together in the crock pot on low for 6 hours or longer. Season with white pepper if you'd like. Enjoy!
- Once all of the peas fall apart, remove the ham bone and stir in any bits of ham from it back into the soup.
- Season with white pepper if you'd like. Wonderful meal served with crusty bread and a salad.