If you’re already a quinoa believer, you’ll love Toasted Garlic-y Quinoa. Toasting quinoa is magic and once you do it, you’ll never be tempted to skip the toasting step again.
If you’re new to the world of this amazing, protein packed, gluten-free grain, by all means try this simple recipe first — do not pass go, do not collect $200 — you’ll be a quinoa convert and find your own special ways to enjoy it.
It’s a great compliment to any main dish, tastes wonderful, is versatile, can be dressed up, stores and reheats … what more can we ask of any supporting character?
|4-6 People||5 minutes|
Yummmmah! Quinoa is a great substitute for rice. I love it as a side and it can be dressed up as a main if you feel like adding your favorite cooked meat and/or roasted veggies. It's naturally-gluten free and with eight essential amino acids, it's a complete protein.
- 1.5 C Quinoa
- 1 - ish TBSP Olive or Avocado Oil To coat bottom of skillet
- 3 C Chicken Broth I use Gluten Free, Low sodium
- 1 - ish tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt Or Kosher. To taste.
- 2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1-2 clove Raw Garlic Minced fine
- 2-4 TBSP Grated Hard Cheese (ie Asiago, Parm, Romano)
- 4-5 TBLS Sun Dried Tomatoes (Optional)
- Heat skillet on medium stove and add oil to bottom of pan. Add quinoa and stir constantly (about 3-5 minutes).
- When quinoa becomes light toasty brown and fragrant, add broth, salt (to taste) and basil to skillet. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes (or until broth is fully absorbed).
- Let stand for 5 minutes, covered. Then fluff with fork, folding in minced raw garlic and cheese. Serve Warm. (NOTE: Quinoa is fully cooked when translucent and white germ is visible).
Enjoy playing with this recipe. To this particular batch I added sun-dried tomatoes and meatballs. Made a wonderful complete meal paired with a tossed salad. Of note, We adore truRoots Organic 100% Whole Grain Quinoa.