Part Pound Cake. Part Super Lemony Pucker-Up-Melt-in-Your Mouth Goodness. This is a slight adaptation of Kathe Collins’ Famous Lemon Loaf Holiday Cakes (“… her claim to fame,” as those close would surely say).
- 2 Pillsbury Supreme White Cake Mixes *
- 1 4.6 oz Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix Jello Brand preferred
- 1 C Canola Oil
- 1 1/3 C Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2/3 C Water
- 8 lg Eggs
- 2/3 C Powdered Sugar or less to taste.
- 1/2 C Fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees. Grease 4 standard sized loaf pans.
- Beat together cake and pudding mixes with oil, juice and water. Add eggs one at a time.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until toothpick tests done. In the meantime, make glaze by dissolving the powdered sugar into the lemon juice over a low burner. Set aside.
- When loaves are finished baking while still warm and in the pans, poke tops with a fork (or toothpicks) and brush liberally with glaze.
- Remove from pans and cool completely. Enjoy!
- * The mix that has 1 C pudding contained within.