It’s no myth, chicken broth really is good for the soul, also, the body. Sheri Haughton, mom of high schooler Jacob and middle schooler Gabriel, has the most beautiful, glowing, WRINKLE-FREE, flawless skin. Could this concoction be Sheri’s fountain of youth? Give it a try and let us know. Thanks Sheri for this recipe!
“One of my favorite ways to increase collagen consumption is by making a bone broth …” Dr. Josh Axe, certified doctor of natural medicine and clinical nutritionist with a passion to help people get healthy by using food as medicine.
According to Dr. Axe, collagen is good for the health of our skin, hair, gut, nails, teeth and assists in detoxing, boosting metabolism and energy, as well as reduction of cellulite and stretch marks.
- 5 lbs Organic Raw Chicken Bones Rinsed & Cleaned
- 2 tbsp Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 14 tsp Pink Sea Salt
- Add Herbs and spices to taste (such as basil, oregano, and/or cayenne). You can also add carrots, onions, parsley, or any other veggies for more flavor.
- Mix all ingredients in a slow cooker filled with water. Turn on low and cook for 12-24 hours.
- This slow process drains the minerals and collagen out of the bones, making it pure medicine for immunity and gastrointestinal strengthening.)
- After cooking, strain fat and solid and save broth.
- Use broth for cooking grains, beans, soups or just drink warm from a mug.
* Ask your grocer for the chicken bones. Be sure to ask for the feet as well, since that is where the collagen is found. Collagen is helpful for your skin, joints, digestion and metabolism.
Leave a Reply